Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This Recipe is from Betty Crocker's Cookbook Healthy New Choices. Great book if you are trying to eat healthy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about one pound)
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup instant mashed potatoes (dry)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Spray 12-inch pizza pan or jelly roll pan, 15-1/2x10-1/2x1 inch, with cooking spray.
- Remove fat from chicken.
- Mix egg white and water in a bowl.
- Mix potato mix, cornstarch,Italian seasoning and red pepper in a second bowl.
- Dip chicken into egg white mixture then coat with potato mixture.
- Place chicken in pan so pieces don`t touch.
- Spray chicken lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered about 25 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longe pink when centers of the thickest pieces are cut (do not turn chicken while baking).
We used chicken tenders and they turned out very good. Easy recipe and easy to cut in half for just Mark and I. Thank You for another keeper.
We love this and have had it a few times now. The only thing I do differently is I do turn the chicken once while baking.
This was very good; the addition of the Italian seasoning and ground red pepper add great flavor to this. The topping also holds the juices in the chicken resulting in acrunchy outside coating and juicy inside.