Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe has been in my family for so long. It is a favorite and a must have side dish with burgers, BBQ...It is very simple also. I promise you will love this recipe :)
- 2 lbs southern style hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions (dried, or minced work well too)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- mix potatoes, sour cream, cheese, soup, onion, and butter together.
- put in a 9 x 13 in pan.
- bake at 350 for 1 hr or slightly less.
Yummo!!! This is a different version of the casserole that my 18 yo DS loves. I followed the ingredients as listed, but didn't measure the amounts of cheese or onions, just eyeballed them. This version uses twice the amount of butter but less sour cream and doesn't include the crushed corn flakes on top, but still tasted like our version, so he was happy, lol!! I served this with cucumber salad, baked beans and ham. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2011.