Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 pint sour cream
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated (or more)
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Scrub potatoes and cook until tender (about 20 minutes).
- Drain,cool until easy to handle.
- Peel potatoes& grate coarsely, and combine with the next 6 ingredients.
- Turn into a well-buttered 9-by-i3 inch baking dish.
- Smooth top,sprinkle with bread crumbs which has been combined with melted butter.
- Now tricky part,know your oven--every one is different.
- I cook this in mine 40 minutes at 350*.
Fabulous potato dish!!! I followed your instructions exactly except I used only 4 potatoes instead of 6 (because I was serving only two people). I kept the amounts of the rest of the ingredients the same. We absolutely LOVED the combination of sour cream, cheddar cheese, and green onions with the potatoes. This is a "keeper" in our household. Thank you so much, Andm, for sharing. :-)
We liked this a lot,and I will definitely make it again.But, I think I had too much potato, which is my fault - didn't get very moist.My "changes" were more green onions,and extra white pepper.(since I'm 'The Pepper Queen.") We had a lot left over since it is just the 3 of us, but my Kiddo had a great idea - she's off for MLK Day tomorrow, and suggested I use the rest to make potato pancakes tomorrow for lunch! Great idea,a lot of good stuff in them already! This is really good, everybody! Try it! And thanks to you, Dew Drops.
Exellent potatoes! I cheated and used frozen shredded potatoes, so I baked it a bit longer. My house smelled so good as this was baking! Tastes like a baked potato with all the fixings. Nice balance of cheese, sour cream and green onions.