- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and washed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2⁄3 cup fresh breadcrumbs or 2⁄3 cup dried breadcrumbs, finely ground
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred peeled potatoes with grater.
- Put shredded potatoes in colander, then rinse and squeeze potatoes under running cold water in sink for a minute or two.
- Squeeze out excess water until potatoes are fairly dry, then dump them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix with hands until incorporated.
- Pat into patties the size of your hand.
- Fry with a few tablespoons butter in a non-stick frying pan until golden, turning once.
- Serve as-is or with ketchup or a dollop of sour cream.