1/1 Photo of Golden Potato and Onion Gratin
1 hr 15 mins
I couldn't find this among all the potato and onion recipes and it is really quite good. I don't really like potatoes while my boyfriend would eat them everyday if he could - this is one of the ways I will eat them so he can have them once a week. I got this off of MSN. The recipe calls for a bread crumb topping but I have made it without and it is still fabulous. I will serve this with roast chicken or ham.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 6 medium onions, each cut in half and sliced thinly
- 411.06 g chicken broth
- 1360.77 g yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2.46 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 slice firm white bread, coarsely grated into crumbs
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley leaves, chopped and packed
- 1In nonstick 12-inch skillet heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook 1 hour or until tender and deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add chicken broth and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- 2Recipe can be prepared up to this point a day ahead. Cover and refrigerate onions until ready to use.
- 3Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss potato slices with pepper and onion mixture. Transfer potato mixture to shallow 3 1/2 quart casserole dish or 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish. Cover casserole and bake 1 hour or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- 4Meanwhile, in the same skillet, heat remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium/high heat. Add bread crumbs and cook five minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat, stir in parsley.
- 5To serve, uncover potatoes and sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Potato and Onion Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.1
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 183.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 4.8 g