Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great flavours, I like it best with creamy mashed potatoes.
Make and share this Golden Pork and Apricot Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lean pork chops
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 yellow peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2⁄3 cup dried apricot
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- salt and black pepper
- Trim excess fat from pork chops.
- Cook without any added fat in a large, heavy or non stick pan until lightly browned.
- Add the onion and capsicums to the pan and stir over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder and the flour.
- Add the stock, stirring, then add the apricots and mustard.
- Cover and simmer for 25- 30 minutes, until tender.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve hot.
- Nice with rice or mashed potatoes.
- (Can substitute lamb chops instead of pork).
What a wonderful dish. The curry, combined with the whole grain mustard and the sweet apricots were wonderful. I used Zatarain's mustard because that is all I had on hand, but it is a robust mustard, and worked well with the curry. There were just a variety of flavors, and we thoroughly enjoyed this dish. Thanks, Miss Eve for sharing this great recipe.
This is a great recipe and is especially nice cooked with chicken too. Thanks for sharing this great recipe! I didn't have yellow or orange capsicum but substituted red capsicum/pepper in its place. All good.
Incredibly good and very pretty dish! This made a beautiful presentation topping the mashed potatoes I made with it. The flavor is terrific and unexpected. My DH & I don't care for too strong of a curry so I added carefully and ended up using the amount called for without it being overpowering. I didn't have yellow bells but I had orange and I don't think anything suffered. Thank you for a delicious, company worthy recipe that is easy, too!