Recipe by Evie*
Great flavours, I like it best with creamy mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Miss Annie
What a wonderful dish. The curry, combined with the whole grain mustard and the sweet apricots were wonderful. I used Zatarain's mustard because that is all I had on hand, but it is a robust mustard, and worked well with the curry. There were just a variety of flavors, and we thoroughly enjoyed this dish. Thanks, Miss Eve for sharing this great recipe.
- 4 lean pork chops
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 yellow peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2⁄3 cup dried apricot
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from pork chops.
- Cook without any added fat in a large, heavy or non stick pan until lightly browned.
- Add the onion and capsicums to the pan and stir over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder and the flour.
- Add the stock, stirring, then add the apricots and mustard.
- Cover and simmer for 25- 30 minutes, until tender.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve hot.
- Nice with rice or mashed potatoes.
- (Can substitute lamb chops instead of pork).