Recipe by alleycatb
After reading all the white pizza recipes I decided to have some fun with the concept. trying to keep all of my ingredients on the pale side.
- 16 ounces prepared whole wheat pizza dough or 16 ounces whole wheat bread dough
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 -2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 yellow tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken breast
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower
- 1⁄2 cup sliced white mushroom
- 1 sliced yellow onions or 1 sliced Spanish onion
- 1 (7 ounce) jar artichoke hearts
- 1⁄4 cup sliced white asparagus (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced water chestnuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup corn (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- white pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- place dough on pizza pan or cookie sheet
- pre bake the dough about 4-5 minutes.
- brush dough with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic, basil, oregano and optional spices (optional spices can be omitted and added at the table instead).
- distribute yellow tomato evenly around the pie.
- followed by the other ingredients.
- all of the other ingredients are optional and the amounts are aproximations. they should be sprinkled evenly over the surface to aproximate the look of regular pizzas (except for colour) Finish with the cheeses parmesan cheese would go nicely here too.
- bake until crust is cooked and cheeses are melted and starting to turn a nice golden brown colour. Depending this could take from 10-35 minutes. Make sure you keep an eye on the dough.