Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found these muffins from an online site (unfortunately cannot remember the site) but I'll tell you these are very nice muffins that are not overly sweet and have a great nutty flavor. We love these for breakfast with a bit of jelly on top. They are also a great after-school snack.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter, smooth not crunchy
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped (roasted peanuts, salted or unsalted, depends on your preference)
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C) and spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter briefly until smooth then beat in a few spoonfuls of the milk.
- Beat in the remaining milk, then the melted butter and eggs.
- Stir in the chopped peanuts until mixed through.
- Add peanut butter mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until blended (do not overmix).
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling each cup 3/4ths full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in tins for 5 minutes and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
These muffins were pretty good, and I think they have some really good potential. I read where some of the other reviewers thought they were too dry. Coincidentally, I only had 1/2 the amount of margarine I needed (aka broke college students' butter). So I used half margarine and half shortening. My muffins came out fluffy and not too dry. I think this may have been due to the shortening. As for the flavor, once again, good potential, but I think the recipe could use some granulated sugar for added sweetness, and maybe, just maybe a pinch of cinnamon. Even my husband, who is not a big fan of peanut butter says he might like them if they had a little white sugar in them.
I just whipped up a 1/2 batch of these muffins. They had a nice peanut butter flavor but just seemed a bit blah to me. Not sure what it was missing. Thanks for posting! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag.
these were good but just a little on the dry side, not to worry my PB-loving DS gobbled them up in no time, thanks for sharing hon!