From "All Time Favorite Recipes".
Make and share this Golden Peanut Butter Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and egg.
- Cut in cold butter until crumbly.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Resurve 2 cups crumb mixture; press remaining mixture on bottom of 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in another large mixing bowl, beat Milk, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Spread over prepared crust; top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake an additional 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool and cut.
A lovely peanut buttery treat. A cuppa or a glass of milk is a must to team with these. I was skeptical on how the crumble mixture would hold together...but it formed a nice sturdy base and a pretty looking top. Drizzling the top with some melted chocolate would be nice also. Reviewed for PAC 2007.