Recipe by Cheryl Thebeau-Blevins
from Keebler/ReaLemon/Borden Golden Peanut Bars
Top Review by Debbb
These bars have a really good flavour. I expected them to be like filled bars but that's not the way they turned out for me - they were almost cake-like. I frosted some with chocolate butter frosting & they were really good, too.
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick) or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cold (1 stick)
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk, sweetened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- combine flour, sugar and beaten egg.
- cut in butter until crumbly.
- stir in peanuts.
- Reserving 2 cups crumb mixture, press remaining mixture on bottom of 13x9" baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, with mixer, beat sweetened condensed milk with peanut butter and vanilla.
- spread over prepared crust; top with reserved crumb mixture Bake 25 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Cut into bars.
- Store covered at room temperature.