Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained and finely chopped
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla; Stir into dry ingrediants just until moistened (batter will be thick).
- Fold in peaches.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
These were really good. I had canned peaches that I wanted to use up. I followed the recipe exactly as written and mine were done in 25 minutes. My peaches were no sugar added ones and I still thought these were a bit sweet but the rest of my family thought they were perfect. I loved that these were made with ingredients I had on hand.
These turned out well, and everyone enjoyed them. I made them as directed. The batter is extremely thick before adding the peaches - almost a cookie dough consistency. It startled me a bit, but turned out fine. Really moist. (It is difficult for me to rate baked goods because don't often eat them, and I didn't taste these.)
This is the best muffin recipe! I used a cup of light brown sugar instead of regular sugar and two fresh peaches. Everything else was the same as the recipe. I'm looking forward to making this again with peaches and then trying out other fruit as well. Thanks so much for posting this. Not only did I love it, but it got great reviews from the entire family!