Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These was easy to prepare and I made 4 batches and frozen some last fall. We just finished the last of it, it freezes very well, just defrost in the refrigerator. Freeze in 1 c. containers. Stir very well before using. Its nice on all breads and if you thin 2 tbsps. with a little water its a nice basting sauce for ham or chicken.
- 1 lb peach, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Combine peaches and orange juice in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until peaches are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl.
- Add peach mixture and process until smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan.
- Stir in sugar and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring often.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Chill 3 hours before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator.