Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great twist to a simple potato dish. Use chopped fresh chives for added color and taste.
- 6 cups potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 6 medium)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse potatoes, drain on paper towels and pat dry,.
- Brush 1 T. butter onto bottom and side of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Toss potatoes with combined remaining 2 T. butter and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Arrange potato slices in several layers on bottom and up side of pie plate.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- Loosen potatoes from side and bottom of pie plate.
- Invert immediately onto serving plate and sprinkle with chives.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
Nice recipe that we really liked. I was able to prep this ahead of time, and the flavor was fine. It did turn brown though, so I added some mozzarella cheese to the top to cover that up. We liked it quite a bit. Thanks for sharing!
I followed instructions axaclty as listed with mouth watering results. Delicious potato dish!!
Made for recipe tag game at kittencalskitchen's forum.
Quite possibly the best potatoes I've ever made. My boyfriend and his family (and myself!) gobbled them up. They were great alongside homemade chicken strips. The parmesan flavor was fantastic, next time I might add even more!