Gets a delicious crispy golden crust on top, bottom and sides. Yum! Got this recipe from "Food & Family" by Kraft.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Rinse potatoes; drain on paper towels.
- Pat dry.
- Brush 1 T of butter onto bottom and side of 9" pie plate.
- Toss potatoes with combined remaining 2 T butter and 1/4 c cheese; arrange potato slices, in several layers, on bottom and up sides of pie plate.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 c cheese.
- Bake 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- Loosen potatoes from side and bottom of pie plate.
- Invert immediately onto serving plate; sprinkle with chives.
- Cut into 8 wedges to serve.