Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Gets a delicious crispy golden crust on top, bottom and sides. Yum! Got this recipe from "Food & Family" by Kraft.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Rinse potatoes; drain on paper towels.
- Pat dry.
- Brush 1 T of butter onto bottom and side of 9" pie plate.
- Toss potatoes with combined remaining 2 T butter and 1/4 c cheese; arrange potato slices, in several layers, on bottom and up sides of pie plate.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 c cheese.
- Bake 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- Loosen potatoes from side and bottom of pie plate.
- Invert immediately onto serving plate; sprinkle with chives.
- Cut into 8 wedges to serve.
I made these a long time ago when I had a bunch of people over. Lost the recipe so I'm very glad you posted it. Looking forward to making them again.
Have made this several times and it's a favourite way to prepare potatoes. Easily serves 4 because they're so good. I've baked this an extra 10 minutes with the temp down to 400F for the last 1/2 hour. Yukon Gold's are a good choice but most potatoes will work fine. Thin, thin slices work the best, lots of them, just keep layering. Thanks for posting.