Recipe by Dancer^
I'm not sure where I found this recipe, but i have made it a few times and we just love it.
Top Review by dimply dots
This was great! Very simple, quick and flavorful. I didn't use fresh breadcrumbs as I was too hungry to make them. Also, I cut the recipe in half and split my chicken breasts in half (as if butterflying them- 2 nice filets per breast) so that they would cook as quick as if they were tenders, but still look nice enough to serve for dinner. The garlic mayo was great. I will definitely be making this again! Thanks!
- 4 small chicken breasts, skinned
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed (I used 3)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each chicken breast into four or five large chunks.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan, parsley and seasoning in a shallow dish.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the egg, then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the garlic mayonnaise, mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic and some black pepper together.
- Chill until required.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the chicken pieces and cook for about 20 minutes, until crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oven and either serve hot with the mayonnaise or chill the chicken and serve cold.