- 2 cups quartered thinly sliced onions
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, cook onions in butter until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually add broth and milk.
- Bring to a boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat.
- Add the cheese; heat just until cheese is melted (do not boil); taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.