Prep 30 mins
Cook 11 mins
Rich and delicious!!
- 2 cups quartered thinly sliced onions
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, cook onions in butter until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually add broth and milk.
- Bring to a boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat.
- Add the cheese; heat just until cheese is melted (do not boil); taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
This soup is very good. I have made it lots of time.I don,t even buy the instant anymore.
This recipe was great! I am sick and my husband just had 3 teeth removed. It was good for the both of us, very tasty and comforting. It was also easy to make. The only thing I did was add some pepper for myself and I also added 2 cloves of garlic in while I cooked the onions. Great recipe!!! Thanks, Nurse Di!!
This soup is so delicious. It's rich and creamy and has a wonderful onion flavor. It's a perfect soup for a cold winter day. My DH loved it. This one's a definite keeper. Thanks for a great recipe NurseDi!