1/1 Photo of Golden Onion Dip
When my mom and I were cleaning out one of her kitchen cabinets we found boxes of recipes clipped from newspapers, magazines, booklets, etc. This one came from a booklet called "The Little Book of Holiday Appetizers", put out by Oxmoor House in 2002.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the onions. Leave the cream cheese out to soften while preparing the onions.
- 2Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet. Add the onions and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- 3Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring often, until onion is golden. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 4Beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add mayo and beat until smooth. Stir in the onion mixture and the pistachios.
- 5Cover and chill until ready to serve, at least 2 hours. Serve with assorted fresh veggies or melba rounds.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Onion Dip
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.2
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 298.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: