Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tasty pork chops under a bed of Golden Oats Medley of onions, apple, orange and herbs.
- 6 -8 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups golden oats
- 1 cup diced apple
- 1 cup diced oranges or 1 cup pineapple
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups Quaker Oats, uncooked
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup water or 3⁄4 cup broth
- FOR THE GOLDEN OATS: Combine 1 1/2 cups oats and 1 egg in medium sized bowl; mix until oats are thoroughly coated.
- Trim excess fat from chops and sprinkle with pepper. Brown on both sides in one Tablespoon oil. Remove chops from pan and keep warm in oven.
- Cook onion in same pan and add 3 Tablespoons butter. Combine Golden Oats mixture to the onions, stir constantly until lightly browned. Add 3/4 cup water, salt, diced apple, orange or pineapple, thyme: continue cooking, stirring occasionally until liquid evaporates. Adjust seasonings if you wish. Transfer to casserole and arrange chops on top. Cover and bake at 350°F about 45 minutes.
- Wholegrain Cookbook from Quaker Oats.