- 1⁄2 cup freshly ground peanut butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole oats (quick cook)
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar (not packed)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour or 1⁄2 cup baking mix
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons untoasted wheat germ
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄3 cup cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream peanut butter and applesauce with spoon.
- Mix dry ingredients, and fruit bits, slowly add to peanut butter and applesauce mixture.
- Pour into 8x8 parchment lined (or foil) baking pan, slightly press down with spoon. Do not press down hard, the oat square is to be soft and cake like. Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes. Be careful not to over bake.
- When still warm cut into two inch squares. Oat square has an intense peanut butter taste.