Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Jo Ann Shirley's 1978 Cakes and Cookies cookbook. These cookies are flavored with cinnamon, vanilla and orange and are said to make your house smell amazing when you bake them. The dough should be chilled until firm enough to shape into balls, but this time is not included in the prep time I have given.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- Cream together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well.
- Add sifter flour, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, orange rind and juice. Mix well. Chill.
- Shape into 1” balls. Roll in nuts. Bake @ 325 degrees for about 20 minutes.