Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe was featured in an email this morning from the www.kingarthurflour.com website. "These moist, tender muffins are a lovely gold, flecked with bright orange carrots. Studded with raisins and walnuts, they'll remind you of a Morning Glory muffin."
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup carrot, grated, lightly packed, about 2 medium-large carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Lightly grease a standard 12-well muffin pan. Or line the pan with paper muffin cups, and grease the cups.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, including the raisins and nuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, water and oil.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the grated carrots, stirring to combine.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling them quite full.
- Bake the muffins until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, and cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.