Recipe by grandma2969
This recipe was taken from an Amish cookbook...bought it at a roadside stand..cookies are from that cookbook..
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup Crisco or 3⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked mashed carrot
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugara and shortening -- add egg, well beaten.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add alternately with mashed carrots. Add vanilla.
- Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 4008 for 8-10 minutes.
- Frost with orange icing while still a little warm
- combine all ingredients and mix till smooth.