1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
When I was a kid my Mother used to make a recipe useing pork chops and campbell's golden mushroom soup. After a little playing around I came up with this very simple vegetized version of it that I'm very happy with! You can use any vegetarian golden mushroom soup (or non veggies can use campbell's) I make it with Golden Mushroom Soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steam your tempeh for about 20 minutes, then set aside in refrigerator until later. ( I like to completely cool my tempeh after steaming for things like this, I find it makes the tempeh less crumbly).
- 2When tempeh is cool slice into 1/4 - 1/2 inch pieces.
- 3Melt butter in large skillet and brown tempeh on both sides.
- 4Remove tempeh to a plate and add soup to skillet (if useing condensed soup measure after adding any necessary water).
- 5Heat to a low simmer.
- 6Now place your tempeh slices back in the pan and let simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- 7Flip them and let simmer another 3-5 minutes. The soup should thicken up slightly.
- 8I like to eat this with a salad and some good crusty bread :O).
Browse Our Top Tempeh Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tempeh Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Mushroom Tempeh
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.0
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 1970.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 27.3 g