Recipe by Nikoma
When I was a kid my Mother used to make a recipe useing pork chops and campbell's golden mushroom soup. After a little playing around I came up with this very simple vegetized version of it that I'm very happy with! You can use any vegetarian golden mushroom soup (or non veggies can use campbell's) I make it with Golden Mushroom Soup.
- 8 ounces soy tempeh
- 2 cups vegetarian condensed golden mushroom soup (I recommend Golden Mushroom Soup )
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam your tempeh for about 20 minutes, then set aside in refrigerator until later. ( I like to completely cool my tempeh after steaming for things like this, I find it makes the tempeh less crumbly).
- When tempeh is cool slice into 1/4 - 1/2 inch pieces.
- Melt butter in large skillet and brown tempeh on both sides.
- Remove tempeh to a plate and add soup to skillet (if useing condensed soup measure after adding any necessary water).
- Heat to a low simmer.
- Now place your tempeh slices back in the pan and let simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Flip them and let simmer another 3-5 minutes. The soup should thicken up slightly.
- I like to eat this with a salad and some good crusty bread :O).