Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very quick and easy soup to make, especially if you buy the mushrooms presliced.
Make and share this Golden Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 lb mushroom, washed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- Heat butter in a large pot and add the onions. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the onions are soft and just beginning to brown; about 7-8 minutes.
- Add whit wine to pot. Add the mushrooms and spices. Slightly lower the heat, cover, and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the soy sauce and stock. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes.
- In a separate small pan, mix the 1 tbsp butte and flour to form a thick paste. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, then whisk in the milk and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until steamy and slightly thickened.
- Add the milk mixture to the soup; add the lemon juice to the soup. Stir well; serve.
Yummy! I cooked this down for an additional 25 minutes or so in an attempt to make "condensed" golden mushroom soup. I froze this in three bags, planning to use one when I make Slow Cooker Angel Chicken which I HIGHTLY recommend. (http://pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogspot.com/search/label/crock%20pot). Thanks! (Oh yeah, no MSG!)
Definately 5 stars. This is delicious,quick and simple. I never would have associated dill with golden mushroom soup, and i was a little worried the amount would be overpowering but it's perfect. Thanks for posting this!
This. soup. is. AWESOME! I too made this to replace Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup for the Angel Chicken recipe (as stated, it's HIGHLY recommended). Because of that, I omitted the dill and added about a tbsp of ketchup/tomato paste. I realized after I forgot the lemon but likely won't add it next time because it was freaking wonderful! :)