Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is a very tasty mushroom soup! It is a recipe from my DD, who has been making it for years. It was her boss' favorite.
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- pepper (3 grinds)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 -3 celery ribs, with leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Rinse and slice 1/2 of the mushrooms and place in a medium sized pan.
- Add celery, onion, garlic, carrots, broth, tomato paste, salt, pepper, parsley, celery tops, and bay leaf.
- Simmer for 1 hour. Remove from the heat.
- Discard bay leaf and the celery tops.
- Puree soup in a blender; return the soup to the pan. Slice remaining mushrooms. Sauté 5 minutes in butter, add to the pureed soup and heat through.