1 hr 10 mins
My parents have been making this recipe since I was little and I always loved it. It probably came form Campbell's. It uses Golden Mushroom Soup instead of Cream of Mushroom.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- 2Grease 8x9 casserole dish (I spray mine w/Pam cooking spray).
- 3Finely chop onion and spread on bottom of casserole dish.
- 4Pour rice over onion.
- 5Mix golden mushroom soup with 1/2 can of water (it will be lumpy).
- 6Pour most of the soup mixture over the rice and onions but save some soup mixture for later.
- 7Season chicken with pepper.
- 8Place chicken over rice and pour the rest of the soup mixture on top.
- 9Cover with foil and bake for approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 10You may need to stir the rice while cooking to make sure the soup mixture is distributed evenly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Mushroom Chicken and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 718.1
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 128.4 mg
- Sodium 1435.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 39.9 g