Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A little bit o' sunshine for your morning!
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Drain pineapple well.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Beat together egg and milk; stir in pineapple and orange rind.
- Blend into dry ingredients, along with melted butter, mixing as little as possible until all particles are just moistened.
- Spoon into lightly greased muffin pans.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven 20- 25 minutes until golden.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve warm!
These are excellent! Thanks! I have also used lemon rind when I didn't have fresh oranges on hand, and they are just terrific either way. A family favorite...
While these muffins were being baked, the whole house smelt like a bakery!!These muffins have been very aptly titled. I made these today and they were really moist, actually, a little bit more than I'd expected. They were enjoyed by all. I didn't have nutmeg around, so I substituted it with 1 tsp. of powdered cinnamon and instead of the orange rind, I used 1 tsp of orange juice.
This was the best muffin I have ever tasted.. Would give it ten stars...Thank you