Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Perfect for the Apple Season. The aroma of apples, and cinnamon will leave you feeling warm on a cold Fall day. Pol Martin Cookbook.
- preheat oven to 300*F line bottom of 9"-in springform cake pan with circle of waxed paper; butter paper and sides of pan.
- place all eggs in a bowl. add brown sugar and molasses. beat 3 minutes with electric hand mixer.
- stir in apples and orange rind.
- sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together. place in sifter and re-sift over cake batter while incorporating with wooden spoon.
- pour batter into cake pan and cook 60-65 minutes or until cake is done.
- cool in pan slightly before unmolding. finish cooling on wire rack.
- serve with whipped cream.