Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Perfect for the Apple Season. The aroma of apples, and cinnamon will leave you feeling warm on a cold Fall day. Pol Martin Cookbook.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 3 apples, cored, peeled and diced small
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- preheat oven to 300*F line bottom of 9"-in springform cake pan with circle of waxed paper; butter paper and sides of pan.
- place all eggs in a bowl. add brown sugar and molasses. beat 3 minutes with electric hand mixer.
- stir in apples and orange rind.
- sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together. place in sifter and re-sift over cake batter while incorporating with wooden spoon.
- pour batter into cake pan and cook 60-65 minutes or until cake is done.
- cool in pan slightly before unmolding. finish cooling on wire rack.
- serve with whipped cream.