Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not too spicy, just right. From the newspaper 1980's....
- 2 -3 cups boneless chicken, cooked and deboned
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (or more if desired)
- 8 -10 small corn tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned mushrooms (use only if you use golden mushroom soup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Grease a 9x13 casserole and line it with tortillas that have been moistened with chicken broth.
- Lay deboned chicken on top of tortillas. Cover with onions, peppers and mushrooms.
- Mix soups together with hot sauce and pour over other ingredients in pan.
- Cover with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until bubbly and done.