True Texas's Note:
Not too spicy, just right. From the newspaper 1980's....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 cups boneless chicken, cooked and deboned
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (or more if desired)
- 8 -10 small corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups canned mushrooms (use only if you use golden mushroom soup)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Grease a 9x13 casserole and line it with tortillas that have been moistened with chicken broth.
- 2Lay deboned chicken on top of tortillas. Cover with onions, peppers and mushrooms.
- 3Mix soups together with hot sauce and pour over other ingredients in pan.
- 4Cover with shredded cheese.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until bubbly and done.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Mexican Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.8
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.3 mg
- Sodium 1177.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: