Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not too spicy, just right. From the newspaper 1980's....
Make and share this Golden Mexican Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -3 cups boneless chicken, cooked and deboned
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (or more if desired)
- 8 -10 small corn tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned mushrooms (use only if you use golden mushroom soup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Grease a 9x13 casserole and line it with tortillas that have been moistened with chicken broth.
- Lay deboned chicken on top of tortillas. Cover with onions, peppers and mushrooms.
- Mix soups together with hot sauce and pour over other ingredients in pan.
- Cover with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until bubbly and done.