Recipe by Jennygal
I have taken this to family reunions and pot lucks. I like it because it feeds a crowd, and its a great way to sneak in some extra veggies! The taste is smooth and yummy. I got it from my taste of home collection.
Top Review by little_wing
We all loved this. I left chunked bits of carrot and potato because I like the texture. It was smoothy and creamy and the carrots gave ordinary mashed potatoes a deep, mellow flavor. Never thought to bake mashed potatoes but I loved the crusty edges it got from the oven. I can't wait to play around with this...maybe use more carrots or try different veggies. Thanks for sharing. Will definitely make again. ****UPDATE**** just used the leftovers this morning to make potato pancakes. Highly recommended!!
- 9 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (4lbs)
- 1 lb carrot, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven, cook potatoes and carrots in boiling salted water until tender; drain.
- Mash and set aside.
- In a skillet, sauté onions and butter until tender, then add to potatoes.
- Add sour cream, salt, pepper, and mix until blended.
- Transfer into a greased 13x9x2-inch pan and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake @ 350 30-40 minutes or heated through.