Prep 5 mins
Cook 23 mins
This is a quick and sort of glorified chicken kind of succotash! It is so tasty! You gotta try it! Serve with a salad and bread and you've got a meal
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed (depending on taste)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter and maple syrup.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, paprika, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Toss the chicken cubes in flour mixture to well coat.
- Place the kidney beans and corn in a saucepan and heat on stovetop.
- Heat the butter over medium heat in a skillet and saute' the chicken for about 5 minutes or until golden.
- Place chicken in 2 1/2 quart.
- casserole dish.
- Add maple mixture to the chicken and mix well.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then stir mixture, bake an additional 5 minutes and stir then pour the bean and corn mixture on top and continue to cook for and additional 8 minutes or until heated through and bubbling.
This dish is OK, but the flavor of the liquid from the beans almost completely masked the flavor of the maple syrup and the spices. Perhaps using only one can of beans or partially draining the beans would help. The only taste we got was beans and corn. Also my chicken was tough although I followed the directions exactly.