Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've had this recipe for ages, and it's a keeper. It makes a lovely sauce and smells heavenly. :)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 dashes fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons additional butter
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup canned corn niblet (optional)
- 2 small gingersnap cookies, crushed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cube chicken; set aside.
- Mix 2 Tbsp melted butter and syrup; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, onion powder, paprika, nutmeg, and pepper; toss in chicken cubes and coat them well.
- Heat 2 Tbsp butter in a stovetop-proof/oven-proof casserole, add chicken and cook until browned and golden, stirring occasionally; remove chicken from the casserole and set aside, covered.
- Pour butter/syrup mixture into the casserole dish and use a spatula to coat the sides of the dish.
- Add the cooked chicken, hot water (you can add more or less, depending on how thick and strong you want the maple syrup to be) to extend the syrup, and the diced carrots, and mix well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for a total of 25 minutes; baste the chicken 3 to 4 times and stir the mixture after 10 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, add the corn (if using) and stir; sprinkle crushed gingersnaps over the top (if using) and bake 5 more minutes.
- Makes 4 servings.
This was delicious. I added the corn nibblets, and it was a good addition to the recipe.
very good added a bag of frozen stir fry vegs