Recipe by KittyKitty
Even though, macaroni and cheese, is rather simple to make, for some reason, I just could never get it right. I tried alot of recipes, and I just figured I must have been absent or daydreaming when eveyone else in the world learned to make macaroni and cheese. But then, as so many times, Southern Living saved the day, with this great recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 (10 ounce) blocks sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, and divided (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs (4 slices, crust removed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain well. Set aside.
- Place milk, flour, and onion salt in quart jar;cover tightly, and shake vigorously 1 minute.
- Stir together flour mixture, 3 1/2 cups cheese and macaroni.
- Pour macaroni mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish or 2 11 inch oval baking dishes. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and remaining cheese, drizzle evenly with melted butter.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until golden brown.