1/1 Photo of Golden Lentil Soup
1 hr 20 mins
A yummy, warming lentil soup. The carrots, red lentils and turmeric make it golden--a favorite at home and potlucks. Great with buttery golden crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse lentils and then cover with water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. (Stir occasionally to prevent burning.) Cook, uncovered, for 9 minutes. Drain and place aside.
- 2Chop carrots, celery, onion and garlic. (Using a food processor saves time if available).
- 3In a large stockpot, saute the chopped onions, carrot, celery, garlic, turmeric, and cumin in olive oil until onions are translucent.
- 4Transfer lentils and broth to the pot. Add coriander and salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Bring soup to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 40 minutes. Serve with crackers.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.0
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 29.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: