Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Serve this over my Sinful Carrot Cake Supreme #29056. Don't forget to make the Cream Cheese Fluff #28967 that goings with this.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in lemon juice and water.
- Over medium heat cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and continue cooking; stirring 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce becomes thick and clear.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in margarine and food coloring.
- Serve warm.
Might have done your recipe a dis-service, but I hope not! When making this sauce, I did add a 1/4 teaspoon of finely minced lemon zest along with the butter & food coloring! It was made to use with your recipe #29056 & your recipe #28967, & the result was, to say the least SINFULLY DELICIOUS! Thanks for some great recipes! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Bargain Basement cooking game]