Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Source: Every Day with Rachael Ray Magazine, February 2008 issue
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the butter, 2 cups flour and the confectioners' sugar until the mixture is the consistency of coarse sand.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel and the orange peel.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Bake until golden, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, combine the granulated sugar, eggs, lemon juice, orange juice, remaining 1 teaspoon lemon peel, remaining 2 tablespoons flour and the baking powder and mix for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake until the top is golden, about 40 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut into bars and dust with confectioners' sugar.