1/5 Photos of Golden Jubilee Cake
This is a recipe I got from Good Food Magazine. It was developed to celebrate the Queen's Golden Jubilee. It is delicious and worth all the extra trouble for any special occasion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces golden caster sugar (3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp)
- 6 ounces butter, softened
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 4 ounces self-rising flour (3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces ground almonds
- 3 -5 drops almond extract
- 125 g fresh raspberries (about 1 cup)
FOR THE FILLING
- 1 (227 g) container cornish clotted cream
- 125 g fresh raspberries
FOR THE DECORATION
- 2 -3 ounces golden caster sugar
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten to a froth
- 4 ounces icing sugar
- 1Make the frosted rose petals the day before.
- 2Separate the petals and spread the castor sugar over a plate.
- 3Holding one petal at a time, lightly paint both sides with egg white.
- 4Spoon sugar over it, then using tweezers, shake off the excess.
- 5Dry on parchment paper for a day.
- 6(Use only pesticide free roses) Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- 7Butter two 8-inch round cake tins and line their bases with parchment paper.
- 8Tip the sugar into a mixing bowl and add the softened butter.
- 9Beat for a minute or so until pale and fluffy, then beat in the egg yolks.
- 10Sift together the flour and baking powder, then sift over the cake mixture.
- 11Fold in as lightly as you can using a large metal spoon, then fold in the almonds and extract.
- 12Stop folding as soon as the flour traces have gone.
- 13Whisk the egg whites until they just hold their shape.
- 14Gently fold in a third of the egg white into the cake mix, using a whisk.
- 15Repeat with another third, then the final third. Take care not to over mix and lose the lightness of the egg whites.
- 16Lightly fold in the raspberries.
- 17Divide between the prepared tins and level the mixture using a round bladed knife.
- 18Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- 19Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out, peel off the lining paper and leave to cool completely.
- 20Set one cake on a serving plate.
- 21Spoon the clotted cream on top.
- 22Scatter the raspberries over and put the other cake on top.
- 23Blend the icing sugar with 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp cold water until it is smooth and coats the back of a spoon thinly.
- 24Drizzle the icing over the cake.
- 25Scatter the rose petals over and around the cake, dust with icing sugar and serve to some very lucky people.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Jubilee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.5
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.4 mg
- Sodium 281.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: