Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Shamelessly stolen from a Celestial Seasonings insert and not yet tried by me. Cook time is chill time. IMPORTANT NOTE: It's important to use the equivalent of ginger ale commonly found in the U.S. as anything else is too strong ("gingery" as the reviewer noted). This is not ginger beer or ginger lemonade, but a product made, for instance, in the U.S. by Schweppes and Canada Dry. I didn't think to address this distinction before and I apologize to anyone who might have unsuccessfully made this recipe with the wrong ingredient.
- 3 darjeeling tea bags (Celestial Seasonings Golden Honey Darjeeling Black tea bags)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups ginger ale (Canada Dry or Schweppes)
- 1 cup lemonade concentrate
- 1 orange, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil and pour one cup over tea bags. Steep for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze and remove tea bags. Add honey, stir well. Cool down by adding ice to bring up to one cup. Add lemon juice to tea mixture and chill. Before serving, combine tea, ginger ale, lemonade and orange slices. Mix well and serve over ice.