Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this online when I was looking for new ways to cook chicken leg quarters, and the menfolk at my house loved it. I love the way it fits into my budget. Although I have not tested it yet, I see no reason why you couldn't make this a dump recipe for OAMC. I have also used the leftovers for some yummy fried rice.
- In a gallon size freezer bag, combine the ketchup, soy sauce, honey, and garlic. Put chicken in bag and squoosh around to coat in sauce mixture.
- Marinate for an hour, or overnight, if desired. Turn the bag from time to time to coat the chicken evenly with the sauce. (Or freeze at this point, and let the chicken marinate as it thaws overnight.).
- When you are ready to bake the chicken, arrange it on a well oiled baking sheet. If there is any sauce left in the bag, pour it evenly over the chicken in the pan. Throw the bag away (ewwww, raw chicken bag, bad for reusing!).
- Bake the chicken at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- NOTE: You could, of course, grill this recipe as well. Or use other bone-in pieces, or boneless pieces (although the cook time would be less for boneless).