Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From "Down Home Cookin'"
- 1 1⁄4 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup Kellogg's all-bran cereal
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (reduced-fat)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- nonstick cooking spray
- Stir togehter cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cereal and milk. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal is slightly softened. Add egg whites, oil, corn, cheese and onions. Add flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Spread batter into 8x8x2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 F about 40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.