1/6 Photos of Golden Harvest Bread (Bread Machine)
This lovely golden Savory bread is made using Pumpkin but butternut, sweet potato, or any hard cooked squash can be used. Canned or fresh cooked. It's very lightly flavored with cinnamon and ginger. Receiving it's beautiful golden color from the squash, the saffron and turmeric. You can use saffron and or turmeric.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup cooked pumpkin or 3/4 cup pureed butternut squash
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon softened butter or 1 tablespoon softened coconut oil
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1Place the water and squash into the bread machine bowl following with the rest of the ingredients being sure to keep the salt sugar and yeast in separate corners.
- 2Set bread machine to dough cycle. Press start. At the dried fruit cycle, the machine will beep you can add optional seeds.
- 3When cycle is done remove to floured surface punch down and shape into a round mound then gently press the center in . Cover with oiled plastic wrap and let rise 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Mix egg and turmeric together.
- 5Remove wrap. Slash along sides of bread up and down to form the look of a pumpkin. Brush with glaze. Place in preheat oven for 35-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Harvest Bread (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.6
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 210.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.1 g