Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great comfort food. Goes well with soup and salad.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- butter or margarine, softened
- 12 slices rye bread
- In a bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place 6 slices on a griddle or skillet, buttered side down.
- Spread about 1/3 cup filling on each slice.
- Top with remaining bread, buttered side up.
- Cook on each side until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Great sandwich. Ham salad with Swiss on rye bread and cooked like a tuna melt or gilled cheese sandwich. This satisfied our munchies the other night. We stayed up late watching videos and nibbled on these delicious sandwiches. YUM-YUM!!
This is one yum-diddy-yum sandwich. I made these the other night for a quick light dinner. Very easy to put together and I needed to use up some left-over ham, so it worked out great. Very filling and delicious. Ham and swiss on rye with a little detour. I served with a bowl of soup. My husband and I were overjoyed. Thanks Nurse Di.
Grilled sandwiches are a comfort food at our house. This one was exceptional. The ham salad filling was so delicious and very easy to assemble. I liked the use of rye bread. This made for an easy week-night meal and a great use for ham leftovers. Thanks Nurse Di.