Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Great comfort food. Goes well with soup and salad.
Top Review by ainsleydoll
Great sandwich. Ham salad with Swiss on rye bread and cooked like a tuna melt or gilled cheese sandwich. This satisfied our munchies the other night. We stayed up late watching videos and nibbled on these delicious sandwiches. YUM-YUM!!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- butter or margarine, softened
- 12 slices rye bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place 6 slices on a griddle or skillet, buttered side down.
- Spread about 1/3 cup filling on each slice.
- Top with remaining bread, buttered side up.
- Cook on each side until golden brown and cheese is melted.