Recipe by Nyteglori
These maybe stored for 24 hours in the refrigerator before baking or one month in the freezer.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 star anise
- 2 slices gingerroot
- 2 scallions, cut into 1 inch sections
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into thin crosswise sections
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 lb phyllo dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy, sherry, honey, oyster sauce, anise, ginger and scallions in a sauce pan. Simmer 5 minutes. Add chicken, cover and simmer gently 30 minutes, stirring frequently to color chicken evenly.
- Cut phyllo into strips 2 inches wide by 10 to 12 inches long. Brush two strips lightly with melted butter. Lay two or three slices of chinen in a corner of one strip. Fold the corner over the chicken to form a triangle. Continue to fold in uniform triangles until the chicken is sompletly wrapped with the first strip of pyllo. Lay the wrapped chicken in the corner of the second strip of phyllo and repeat the process.
- Repeat with remaining strips and chicken. Arrage the triangles well apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 425 until golden brown. Makes 30 to 36 triangles. Serving size is 2-3 per person.