Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
A Southern Living recipe I'm posting here to try later.
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Place carrots in lightly greased microwavable dish. Add wine, butter, honey,and lemon juice.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap (vented at one corner).
- Microwave on high 5 minute.
- Stir in raisins, brown sugar, and curry powder.
- Cook 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.
The only thing I did differently with this very easily prepared recipe was to cut back just a bit on the amount of curry powder! Other than that, no problems, & THESE CARROTS TASTE GREAT! Always happy to find a great new way to do up carrots ~ Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Bargain Basement tag]