Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A southwest side dish great with ribs!
Make and share this Golden Gouda Corn Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen, or Trader Joe's canned)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or chili powder)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups cream
- 2 cups gouda cheese, grated (Edam or Fontina, Cheddar and Jack combined works too.)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and green onion and saute until the onions soften. Add the corn, salt ,thyme, cayenne and black pepper, and cook until the corn is tender and warmed through, about 3 to 5 minute.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the cream until blended. Stir in 1 cup of the grated cheese and the corn mixture. Pour the mixture into a greased 8x11 baking pan(or close to). Top with the remaining grated cheese and bake for about 25 to 30 minute The gratin is done when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Top with the chopped parsley and serve warm.