1/3 Photos of Golden Glow Enchiladas
Douglas Poe's Note:
This was given to me by my friend Sheila. Great recipe for a meatless Monday or if you’re a vegetarian. This is one recipe you need to try. Also this recipeis such a versatile. Add shredded chicken more vegetables, like broccoli, pinto beans, kidney beans or black beans would be great. A good base recipe to make your own. Hope you enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon oregano (optional)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetables or 1 (15 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 8 -10 soft tortillas
- 1/2 lb monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Divide the cheese and green onions into 8-10 portions, reserving some to put on top.
- 3Melt butter and oil in a large skillet. Sauté onion, carrots and garlic until soft. Stir in the flour, pepper and oregano.
- 4Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 5Gradually stir in the broth, being careful to whisk out any lumps of flour.
- 6Add tomatoes.
- 7Heat to boiling, reduce to simmer.
- 8Cover and cook 20-30 minutes.
- 9Soften tortillas one at a time in the sauce.
- 10Place some of the cheeses and green onions in the center and roll.
- 11Place seam side down on a lightly buttered baking dish.
- 12Cover with remaining sauce, cheese and green onions.
- 13Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Glow Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 980.3
- Calories from Fat 480
- Total Fat 53.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.7 g
- Cholesterol 117.9 mg
- Sodium 1589.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 41.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: