Recipe by Courtly
"One slice is never enough of this dreamy cheesecake. The rich filling and golden glaze tempt your taste buds with a delicate hint of lemon." From taste of home. Plan ahead, this needs to be refrigerated overnight.
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 -2 drop yellow food coloring
- fresh raspberry (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a greased 9 inch springform pan. Place the pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until set.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed until combined. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla just until blended. Pour into the crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a medium saucepan, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in butter, lemon juice and lemon peel. Cook and stir over very low heat for about 10 minutes or until mixture reaches 160 and is thickened. Whisk in food color if desired. Cool. Remove sides of springform pan. Spread the lemon glaze over the cheesecake; garnish with fresh raspberries if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.