Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A crunchy chilled dish of yellow pear tomatoes, sweet yellow peppers, garlic, and bits of red bell pepper, combined with traditional ingredients like cucumber, onion, and cilantro. Gazpacho is usually a chilled dish made of pureed or processed fruits and vegetables. We prefer to make ours thick and chunky, with plenty of garlic. This brightly colored and flavorful gazpacho is a refreshing side dish with red meat and potatoes. From "Fresh from Dover Canyon"
- 2 cups yellow pear tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeds removed and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled,seeds removed and diced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, destemmed and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives or 3 tablespoons fresh oregano or 3 tablespoons fresh thyme
- salt, to taste
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine the chopped tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, onions, garlic, cilantro and jalapeno in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, make a vinaigrette by combining the olive oil, white wine vinegar, and herbs.
- Taste the vinaigrette and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the gazpacho with the vinaigrette and let it sit for several hours if possible so the garlic can permeate the olive oil and chopped vegetables.
- Serve chilled.
- Wine suggestion: A crisp, chilled sauvignon blanc or pinot gris.