For the finished salad bowl, arrange alternate rings of pepper and white onion and use the lettuce heart for a mayonnaise cup.From the Western chapter of the U.S. Regional Cookbook, Culinary Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 head chicory lettuce
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 head fresh cauliflower, broken into flowerets
- 1 head watercress, separated
- 10 radishes, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, cut into rings
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 8 green onions or 8 scallions
- salad dressing, of your choice (an O & V dressing such as French Dressing (Not Catalina Style) is recommended)
- 1Cut garlic in half and rub the bowl with it.
- 2Wash all the vegetables thoroughly and drain well.
- 3Tear spinach, chicory and lettuce leaves.
- 4Add remaining ingredients except dressing and onions; toss together.
- 5Add dressing until vegetables are coated but not soaked.
- 6Garnish with onions.
- 7Serve from the salad bowl.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Gate Vegetable Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.0
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 73.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: