1/2 Photos of Golden Gate Roll (Sushi)
Sue Lau's Note:
We like to make sushi at home when we can. It's a lot of fun....everyone gets their fingers messy but has a great time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 sheet toasted nori
- 1/3 cup cooked sushi rice
- 1 ounce very fresh sashimi-grade tuna
- 2 tablespoons tobiko (flying fish roe) (optional)
- 2 pieces peeled English cucumbers ((3 inch matchstick pieces)
- 2 pieces ripe avocados ((3 inch wedges)
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon nanami togarashi (Japanese chili pepper, may use hot pepper sauce instead)
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon grated daikon radish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon wakame seaweed salad, such as Seaweed Salad
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger (optional)
- 1Spread a 6x6-inch piece plastic wrap on rolling mat.
- 2Sprinkle plastic with toasted sesame seeds.
- 3Layer rice on plastic so it is about the same size as the nori.
- 4Cover rice with nori (shiny side down).
- 5Mix together mayonnaise with nanami togarashi pepper (adjust pepper amount to your taste).
- 6Spread nori with spicy mayo.
- 7Place tuna, tobiko, cucumber, and avocado on mayo so that it fits edge to edge.
- 8Using rolling mat, roll up rice/nori and peel back the plastic wrap as you go.
- 9When you reach the end, firmly press, then slice into serving pieces.
- 10Serve with wasabi paste, soy sauce, grated daikon, seaweed salad and pickled ginger as garnishes, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Gate Roll (Sushi)
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.5
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 108.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
wakame seaweed salad